For over 40 years Norwegian Cruise Line has being wowing cruise passengers globally, here’s why
Norwegian Cruise Line has many leading trademarks in the cruise shipping industry but perhaps the most dominant is its ‘Freestyle Cursing’ concept which has completely revolutionized the cruise shipping industry.
Freestyle Cruising is a non-intrusive service that allows guests the freedom and flexibility to cruise their way.
Challenging the conventional model of cruising, Freestyle Cruising offers:
- More dining choices onboard (Up to 20 restaurants), featuring elegant, bistro and endless buffets
- Extended opening hours in main restaurants
- Open seating at restaurants and private dining (2 to a table)
- ‘Resort casual’ attire, meaning guests decide on what to wear (No need to go formal if you don’t want to)
Best of all Norwegian Cruise Line aims to make your experience as enjoyable as possible by allowing guests to make personalized pre-cruise requests. Simply contact Norwegian at: 1-866-584-9756 (voice), fax (305) 468-2171 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, to discuss your specific needs.
Apart from the Caribbean, several other global destinations are covered by Norwegian Cruise Line, notably Europe, Asia and North America.
Let’s talk ships,
Norwegian ships are predominantly mid-sized and therefore can become a bit overcrowded during peak times.
Away from size, do not expect to find a high level of uniformity amongst Norwegian older and newer model ships. For instance, older ships carry very few balcony areas when compared to newer ships.
Nonetheless, Norwegian’s newest ships are something to rave about! They carry exquisite modern design and feature a lot in state-of-the-art technologies. The Norwegian epic which came on-stream in 2010 is one such ship.
What about accommodations?
Luxury Suite(Courtesy of ship-technology.com)
Another very important hallmark of Norwegian Cruise Line is their innovative Courtyard and Garden Villas, which are located on the top two decks of each Jewel and Epic class ship.
These luxurious villas allow those who are more financially well-off to enjoy their own private paradise (Up to 5000 square feet), whist also experiencing all the amenities, and Freestyle flexibility, of the entire ship.
There are also several equally luxurious suite accommodations, notably on the Norwegian Epic which boasts a total of 60 suites and villas on two private decks. In these accommodations, guests enjoy secluded access to a private pool, two whirlpools, fitness facility , saunas, sun deck, private dining, bar and a concierge lounge. The Norwegian Epic also boasts several family deluxe balcony and family balcony staterooms.
Typically all staterooms are equipped with mini-bar/refrigerator, internet access, television, safe, direct dial telephone and hair dryer.
It is true that older ships carry some of the smallest staterooms when compared to their competitors; staterooms on newer ships tend to be a bit larger. One advantage that cruisers on older ships can expect to have is a greater percentage of cruise discounts, so make sure you are on the lookout for those.
Additional bragging rights,
The Norwegian Cruise Line is credited with several cruise industry firsts, some of which I have already mentioned above but did you know that they were also the first cruise liner to introduce a bowling alley at sea!
In addition to this there are several other entertainment features such as Broad-Way style shows, fitness center, sports courts, jogging tracks, pools, hot tubs, kid’s centers, teen discos, babysitting, a ‘Kids Crew’ program, internet café and Wi-Fi, beauty parlor and spa services.
Although amenities differ on each ship, Norwegian’s Caribbean cruises offer golf instruction on special Tee-Up Golf cruises and a dive-in snorkeling program that allows cruisers to prepare for their on shore diving and snorkeling excursions.
As it regards casinos, only some ships are represented. There is no casino on Pride of America.
- When it comes to dining, your choices are plentiful on a Norwegian cruise Line. Offering up to 20 dining options, you can sample traditional fine dining, endless buffets with custom-order action stations and for an additional charge gourmet French, Japanese teppanyaki and an upscale steakhouse.
- Those with special dietary requirements including Kosher meals or gluten-free food products are well catered for on Norwegian cruises. Simply advise your Norwegian Reservations Agent at least 60 days prior to your cruise so that preparations can be made to facilitate you.
- All Norwegian’s restaurants are non-smoking.
- Most specialty restaurants require a per person cover charge or offer a` la carte pricing. Reservations are recommended and can be made on board.
Read about Norwegian’s alcohol, luggage and other policies here
See a full listing of Norwegian’s onboard amenities here
Return to Cruise Lines
Return from Norwegian Cruise Line to Caribbean Fun Cruises