Here’s a comprehensive profile of Bahamas Celebration Cruise Line
(All pictures are courtesy of Bahamas Celebration)
Bahamas Celebration Cruise Line operates 2-night Bahamas cruises from Palm Beach, Florida with the option to add 2 or 4-nights at the 4-Star Grand Lucayan Beach & Golf Resort in the Bahamas.
A family friendly cruise line, there are three age appropriate supervised programs offered for children ages 3-17 years. These are Club Coconuts, Club Wave and Open Water.
Club Coconuts is designed for those ages 3-9 or 10 years old and. Club Coconuts supervised activities include arts and crafts, various popular kids' games, and entertaining activities like Xbox, Dance Dance Revolution (DDR) and Guitar Hero.
Club Wave facilitates those 10-14 years offering a variety of group activities and fun electronic games including Xbox, DDR, Guitar Hero, PlayStation and Wii.
Open Water caters to ages 15-17 years, providing a perfect hangout spot for meeting new friends and associates. There are computers with internet access available for usage here as also a dance floor and the latest video games.
All kids programs are designed to counter boredom whilst fostering communication and interaction aboard. Babysitting is not provided.
So what about adults?
Adults do get to have their fun too aboard Bahamas Celebration Cruise Line. There are specific entertainment centers that ensure adults too can have as much fun as the children.
There is the Las Vegas style Wynmore Casino which opens daily until 3 AM. Instructional classes are provided for all those who are new to gaming.
Then there is The View, where you'll find entertainment at its finest. A spectacular two-level club venue, the view is Bahamas Celebration hot spot for the best in live entertainment and an all-night dance party.
The view doubles up as a family venue in the early evening, right after dinner. This is when singers, dancers, comedians, magicians and acrobats perform for everyone. Right after their performances end, that is when the music starts pumping and The View is transformed into an adult themed night club.
Next there is the versatile Pub or Club which serves up a variety of wines, beers and other exotic drink mixes. The Pub also features sports television, live music and karaoke. If you are especially talented, you could win a karaoke grand prize of US$10,000, so don’t be shy to put your skills on display.
Please note beverage cost is not included in your cruise fare and a 15% service charge will be included on all bar tabs.
How about dining?
Bahamas Celebration Cruise Line offers four dining options for guests to choose from. These include the formal atmosphere, Crystal restaurant which offers five course dining and Maître d' and wine services.
Items featured on the menu include fresh seafood, beef, chicken or vegetarian pasta entrees. A reservation is required for dining at Crystal.
Dining at Crystal is paid for in your Bahamas Celebration cruise fare.
Next there is Trattoria Di Gerry, a casual Italian eatery serving pasta entrees, salads and a variety of pizza choices. Although included in your cruise fare, there is a charge for some specialty desserts and beverages ordered here.
Then there’s Rio’s which features an international flovour and a full buffet packed with all kinds of meats and dessert items. Rio’s is also open for breakfast.
Finally we have the Cove which is an elegant restaurant designed for anyone celebrating a special occasion, or looking to experience a very special evening.
The Cove features an upgraded menu offering signature dishes, a selection of fine wines, impeccable service and a soothing ambience.
The Cove is open for dinner only with reservations required. There is an additional charge of $25 per person; plus a 15% service charge applies. Dining at the Cove is not included in your Bahamas Celebration cruise fare.
Ahh…staterooms. The cabins and staterooms of the Bahamas Celebration are small but comfortable.
Currently, the smallest size offered (Coach Upper/Lower Inside Cabin) is only 86 sq. ft. whereas the largest size which is the deluxe suite goes up to 269 sq. ft.
Except for the smallest sized cabins, most stateroom categories come with a flat screen television; suites also have a mini bar.
Although some cabins are designed for single occupancy, all cabins can accommodate a minimum two passengers.
- A gratuity of US$12 per person per day is applicable; this will be charged to your onboard charge card.
- As with most other cruise liners, Bahamas Celebration Cruise Line reserves the right to charge an additional fuel supplement of up to $12 per person per day on all passengers, to be collected at time of embarkation without prior notice, in the event that the price of light sweet crude oil according to the NYMEX (New York Mercantile Exchange Index) is greater than $40 per barrel of oil.
- Your cruise fare aboard the Bahamas Celebration covers your shipboard accommodations, ocean transportation, all meals (except if opting for The Cove Restaurant) and onboard entertainment.
- The ambiance onboard is predominantly casual; although casually elegant is required for dining at the Cove restaurant.
- Special dietary needs can be accommodated if the passenger makes the request at the time of booking.
- For those requiring a wheelchair onboard, you must make independent arrangements.
- Guests are not permitted to board with alcohol. If you do, your alcohol will be confiscated. The drinking age on the ship is 21 in US waters and 18 at sea; on Grand Bahama Island and a valid ID is required.
- The Bahamas Celebration Cruise Line offers several shore excursion packages within the Bahamas. To read up on these and other information, please visit their website here.
I hope you find this information on yet another great cruise liner to the Caribbean helpful. If you’ve travelled with this cruise line before, why not pop over to my cruise reviews page and share your story?
Return to Cruise Lines
Return from Bahamas Celebration Cruise Line to Caribbean Fun Cruises